Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sofie's first skii lesson

After our first trip to Snowmass, Sofie had been begging to go skiing. So we finally decided it was time to give it a whirl. So when I went to drop her off in ski school this was the forced smile I got. Then I had to run and get her goggles and when I got back the smile had turned to tears. She was saying, "I don't want to ski anymore." I was surprised by here response since she was sooo excited all morning. When I asked why she changed her mind she said, "I didn't know my teacher was going to be a boy." Yep she still has a phobia of boys (expect close family members). As annoying as it is sometimes I hope if keeps up right through the teenage years. Anyways, when I was able to locate the female teacher for the class she was suddenly all geared up to skip again and had a blast!
There she is in the purple outfit on her way down
Snowmass is so international. Her teacher was from South America and Sofie was happy to report after class that she had made some "Spanish" friends.
Us enjoying ourselves without kids.
Still smiling after a day of ski lessons. That's always nice to know your money spent was enjoyed.
Going up the hill to show Mom and Dad what she learned.
Working it!
Another beautiful day to ski. Notice Spencer is becoming versatile with the ski's and not a snowboard this trip.

No comments: