Monday, August 27, 2012

Sofie goes to Kindergarten

Well the big day has finally arrived. We now have to consider school into our equation of time, for family activities, school days because we have a kindergartener. Seriously I already miss just being able to go whenever, wherever not having to worry about taking a child out of school. I guess I will have to get used to it for the next 20+ years!!!!

This was taken on the school clothes shopping trip. She picked this outfit out and her favorite part of the outfit.... yes the glove! Let's just say she loves her some accessories!

1st day of school and her face says it all so excited but a tiny bit nervous!

So though I don't really want to make it public, I do want it recorded. So the first day of school I have such high hopes as a mom. I make her her favorite breakfast. Make sure I spend extra time with her before school. Go over a million things about how to use the restroom etc. then the time comes to take her to school and turns out I am the worst mom! I really over thought the whole drop off thing, thinking I don't want to get there too early and just be chasing Luke around waiting for her teacher to come out and get the kids. So I cut it too close and of coarse it took longer than hoped getting out into the car etc. And her very first day of school she had to be thrown out of the car being told to rush into the already leaving line of kindergarten kids so the door would not be shut on her, since you have to have a special tag to open the door! What kind of mother does that on their first child's first day of Kindergarten!!! So I spent the next 3 hours wondering if I scarred her for life since she is so timid and shy and didn't give her any time to warm up to the other kids or anything!!! 
So I made sure I got there with plenty of time to catch her the minute school got out with some balloons and treats and got a picture with her teacher Mrs. McDougal. Luckily she was so excited about school she told me she was not mad at me for dropping her off like that. I will never forgive myself though!! 

1 comment:

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

Don't beat yourself up. Remember how I was 30 minutes late to pick up June from her first day of kindergarten because I was too dumb to check the info sheet? Now that's good parenting!