Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's day 5k





So in an effort to motivate me to exercise with Sofie I signed Spencer and I up for a 5K. The whole day before the race it rained and was so dark and dreary. I was so excited when I woke up the morning of the race and the sun was shining-it turned out to be a beautiful morning. It was also really fun the our good friends Lori and Richard ran it with us. Niether Spencer or I had done a 5 K before so it was pretty exciting that Spencer took 7th over all and ran it in just a hair over 19 min. I didn't have a grand entry like Spencer or anyting but I was pleased with my time and actually had a blast. But I really have to thank our great friends the Frandsen's for watching Sofie- so for once I could run without pushing Sofie in the jogger- It was soooo nice. I mean I don't know how we got sooo lucky to make these great friends but how many people do you know that don't have kids wake up early on a Saturday morning to come to a race they aren't even running just to cheer us on and watch our kids. Thank you soooo much Ben and Michelle.
This was Sofie's first try and helping me in the kitchen. We were frosting cup cakes and I think she ate more frosting thatn she put on the cup cakes but it was really fun to do it together.

7 comments:

Ben and Michelle said...

Steph, you are so nice. We are the lucky ones to have such great friends like you and Spencer. Love ya!!

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

Way to go! You guys are such good athletes! Kolby and I pat ourselves on the back for running for 20 minutes on the eliptical! Maybe when you guys get here, you can motivate us to do more! But you're right - it is hard to do much with kids! Sorry that you have to leave behind so many nice friends, but I think you will find Oklahoma to be a really friendly place, and our ward is awesome! Can't wait for you guys to get here!

lexie said...

Good job on the race. THat is cool that you guys did so well. Maybe Spencer will get Spencer working out again :)

Marcy M Miller said...

Steph- you look awesome! Way to go for running a 5K- I ran into your blog through someone else's- cool huh! I'm glad things are going good for you. We have a blog-www.zak-marcy.blogspot.com

masonchrissy said...

STEPH- Pretty much you are a sister to me so you need to add me to your friends.. Yeah- kids are crazy. Take your time! It's so nice to have friends that are there for our families. WE love it here in our ward and its nice that my kids are loved by so many people. It looks like you have found some good friends.. Your duaghter is so freakin' cute.. She gets it from you of course.. I look at your clog everyday.. I already added you- that's how much I love ya..

Rachel said...

Steph, great job on the race, you deserved those cupcakes after that! It's neat how your friends become like family when you have no family close.

JeremyandKathi.blogspot.com said...

You inspire me, mabey I should enter a race...or at least excercise...love the pics.