Sunday, May 18, 2008

What they have hills in Ohio?








So Spencer had a road bike race he did this weekend. I don't know the technicalities- and I am sure Spencer will correct me on this after he reads it but I guess when you do road races there are 5 levels. You are supposed to start at level 5 and if you win enough races in level 5 you can get a license to move to level 4 then if you place in enough of those you keep moving up. So since Spencer hadn't done a bike race in 2 years he should have signed up for the level 5 but it might not surprise you that he was concerned that there might not be enough competition at level 5 so somehow he manged to sign up for the 3-4 group (they combined them in this race) even though he wasn't "licensed". It was a really hard ride with a really long steep hill that they had to climb 6 times-in a loop. Since there isn't even so much as a mound of dirt in our part of Ohio this was a killer for him. All things considered I was so stinking proud of him when he took 3rd place. Just as a side note Sofie thinks any guy in spandex on a bike is daddy. At the race anytime a biker went by she yelled "go daddy"- pretty dang cute.


Well most of you might already know that I love surprises. So even though I am sure there are lots of people who don't love surprises I still like to surprise others. It's probably like when you get a gift from someone and it is really what they want. Anyways my good friends Lori and Michelle helped me plan a surprise baby shower for our friend Melanie at MY favorite restaurant P.F. Changs. It was so much fun having a night out with the girls and I sure had fun trying to surprise Melanie.

3 comments:

Fully Invested said...

So your favorite restaruant isn't Pizza Hut anymore? :)

Marcy M Miller said...

You guys are in shape people- thats awesome! Good job to your hubby, thats impressive to place 3rd. How fun hanging out with the girls!

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

You guys have to quit being so good at racing! It is really starting to make us worry that you will think we are a bunch of out-of-shape duds when you get here! And if you think you don't have mountains, wait until you get here - sweeping down the plains! One thing we do have in common is p.f. changs! I may not be the best athlete, but I can eat like a pro! See you soon!!!