Thursday, May 22, 2008

Last day of Work








I can't believe it really happened- I had my last day of work Yesterday. For the longest time I haven't really thought that this Ohio adventure was coming to an end. I don't know if it is denial or we've been here for four years I just can't imagine life not being here in Columbus, OH. Work will always be work but the friends I made at work and the amazing families I took care of is what I am going to miss. It isn't always easy being far away from family and I think that my friends at work knew that was hard- especially when I had Sofie. They were so good at finding things all day to laugh about and they took me under their wing always bringing me little things for Sofie, cutting coupons, volunteering to be my mom away from home, providing me with helpful motherly tips etc. I just fell really lucky to have met all of these really great people that I am really going to miss- Thanks everybody. On Monday some of us went on a girls night out to. . . you guessed it my favorite restaurant P.F. Changs- it was soo much fun. I also included a couple pictures of some of my favorite kids (of coarse all the kids are my favorite :)) who I will really miss- of coarse I made sure I got permission to post their picture so I wouldn't be violating Hippa.

8 comments:

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

Oh, I'm getting a little teary! I know it's hard to leave, I went through about a month of depression when we left Utah, but I'm doing okay now! I think it's harder to move once you have kids, I'm not sure why. Funny that they gave you a tornado kit! You may just need it! We've been having tornados every week! I hope our excitement to have you guys here will help ease the pain of the move! June and Winnie can't wait to have a live-in buddy! We hope Sofie likes tea parties because June's planning one!

Ben and Michelle said...

Congrats!!! It feels so good to be done with work. But there is still a part of me that is sad. I am sure you feel the same.

Marcy M Miller said...

Good luck on moving- it is so hard everytime you move, we have moved four times, and our fifth move will be in July, you just become attatched to those people, they become your family and your support team and it is hard to leave. But you always find great people were you move, thats the nice thing about the church!

JeremyandKathi.blogspot.com said...

wow! I am so excited for all your new adventures! I love the pics...keep them coming!

tj said...

I'm sure you have mixed feeling about leaving. It's exciting to start a new part of life but sad to leave all the old friends!

Kim said...

Steph~
I'm not even moving but I seriously got teary eyed reading this post. I know you are such a great nurse, and I know how it is working with kids...the just get ya. I've only been at my job for 3 years, and I can't imagine moving...but I guess that's how we grow and get stronger. I love ya!

also known as shell said...

Stephanie every time I say "Pronto Pizza" I think of you. and I say "Pronto Pizza" like once a week.

You are so beautiful. and Sofie is a sweet heart! It's good to read your blog and see what you've been up to.

Shellie Long

Kami Banks said...

I am happy you made such good friends. You always seem to make any situation fun and I am sure all the ladies at work are going to miss you. Congrats to Spencer on his bike race. I am also thankful he is okay from his last weekend ride. Have fun this weekend with graduation. Loves