Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sofie and her friends


So I have decided that this blog is kind of like a journal of our family and I even hear you can pay to have some online company print your blog off into a booklet. So I have decided that I want to add even the little things in life- That is where this post is comming from.
Anyways I had some really strong feelings about leaving Sofie's friends when we move. I don't know how much Sofie will remember about her first friends here in Ohio but I think they are some of the best friends a parent could find for their kids and for that reason I want Sofie to remember them. I can think of some really cute times when I heard giggles, witnessed them cutting a rug together, and watched them mimmick each other as they learn new things. There is Avery who is one of the toughest little girls ever but I sort of think of her as Sofie's protector. One time Sofie was crying and Avery came downstairs to get me and tell me that Sofie was sad. They get along sooo well. Sofie loves following Avery around doing whatever she does. I also like it that Sofie is starting out her life without prejudices and that she has a cute black friend.

Hannah is one of the oldest of the crew so Sofie really looks up to Hannah. Hannah has this really cute high pitch girly voice that I just love. Hannah and Sofie share the same love for princess things. Hannah has a princess pillow that Sofie drags around the house whenever Hannah comes over. Hannah is also very cute with Sofie. She is like a little mother to her.

Then there is Porter. Now it might seem odd that we have a dog in the mix but porter is LOVED by all the girls. He is such a good dog too becuase he takes everything they dish out. They all know him by name. There is actually a framed picture of porter at the Frandsen's house that Sofie is obssessed with, she is always carting it around their house. These are the friends that Sofie has spent most of her time with here in Ohio, but there are still some other really good friends like Owen, Zach, Brice, Alyssa, Hallie, and Addison so I am adding their pictures too (if I have them) so Sofie can know who her first friends were.

6 comments:

Laura said...

great post! It is sad to think that the kids might not remember each other even though this experience has been such a major part of our lives.

Lacey said...

So glad you thought to document this...I too have tried harder to take pictures of Elodie and her friends...and me with the moms since we all get along so well!

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

I know exactly what you mean, June left behind her girls Arlee and Kazmyn and her best friend Caulder in Utah and I was worried that they would forget each other quickly but June still talks about them all the time. They had a going-away party for us and Arlee gave june a framed picture of the three little ladies in a big group hug! They send each other valentines and birthday cards and sometimes we call just to see what's going on. Web cams are great, too! Just don't let the love die! (Although it might be tough video-conferencing with a dog:)

Ben and Michelle said...

I love this post!! It made me want to cry. Thanks for including Porter. love you!

Ben and Michelle said...

Can I get a copy of that picture with all the girls and Porter? Maybe you can email it to me. Thanks

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Alyssa is going to really miss hanging out with Sofie. She still says "So-fie!" all the time with a big smile on her face. I know they will be okay because they are so young, but still sad.