Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sofie


Here is our little make believe diva in her little brothers Halloween costume. She just can't resist the urge- even though she had to squeeze to get in.


Here is a modge podge of what Sofie's been up to. One of the biggest events is that she started going to a little preschool that my friend does for 2 hours 2 days a week. We also had a garage sale were Sofie sold homemade chocolate chip cookies and made out like a bandit. (Thanks so Spencer's ortho friends that stopped by). Then I had to add a picture of her little twin friends here in Oklahoma Brielle and Izzy.


She has been a busy little bee doing so many activities, which is funny that I don't even have a recent picture of her doing her favorite thing, gymnastics. She did turn into a little fish this summer. The beginning of the summer she didn't even like getting her hair wet and by the end of the summer she was swimming short distances without the floaties. Soccer is a work in progress. She made her first goal last week- shocker!!

It finally came, the long awaited Princess and the Frog- Bayou birthday. We had bought stuff from Oriental trading for the big event- (Since Sofie's favorite part of the party is the 'bag of stuff' you get at the end) and I think she told all her friends plus any stranger she met about it for like a month before. Then there was the "I'll get that for you for your birthday" saying she said to all her friends whenever a commercial came on or they were at each others house playing with toys they didn't have. I was thinking "I'm glad no one is keeping a list." I just love this age!! She is trying to act so mature but yet is so little.
For Sofie's 4th birthday I wanted to list my 4 favorite things about Sofie:
1) She is so pleasant to have around. She is so good at remembering her please and thank you's. She is so well behaved I don't worry too much about having her with me wherever I need to go.
2) She LOVES to pretend and play make believe. Though my voice gets strained from talking like a man or a prince all day I love that she has such an active imagination.
3) She is so sensitive and cares so much for those around her. I love hearing her explain why you don't do mean things stuff like "It will hurt my feelings" or "It will make me sad" or one day she did something that she shouldn't and when I asked her what she was going to do next time she said "be like Jesus".
4) Which leads me to my last thing. I am so impressed at her communication skills. She doesn't initially come running to me to tell on others, she doesn't yell or get upset (unless it's Luke) she just calmly talks her friends through the situation- then when all else fails she comes running to mom. I am always amazed at what comes out of her mouth. She can comprehend and then regurgitate so much that I wouldn't expect a 4 year old to understand.
I'm so lucky to have her in my family. I love having Sofie for a daughter.

No comments: