Sunday, July 18, 2010

Kansas City

We took a trip to Kansas City to visit our super good friends the Frandsen's. Here are a few pictures from the trip.




They were due to have a baby on the 4th of July, so I had so much fun putting together a shower for her while we were there. One of our other really good friends from dental school, Melanie, flew in for the big event. We had so much fun and late night chats, I think we must have worn Michelle out because she ended up going into labor a month early- the day that we left. Sorry Michelle!

So I had so much fun looking online and getting ideas for this shower I just have to document the event. First here is the guest of honor and the 2 host's. Isn't Michelle's TINY belly adorable- she was 2 days away from having little Peyton.



The theme was sugar and spice- emphasis on the sugar-something Michelle and I have a strong affinity for. These were the invites.


The "Candy Bar". A friend brought a cake and it went in that empty spot.




Yummy cheesecake pops.

This picture is dark but I tried to stick with a brown and pink theme so I had these 5 candy jars with brown and pink candy.

Treat Bag for all the guests.

This is where the "Spice" fits in. We "spiced" up baby Peyton's wardrobe by making hair bows and bracelets.
I think it turned out pretty cute but looking at the pictures I think "that was it- what took me so long?" It was so fun anyways- thanks for letting me do it Michelle.

4 comments:

Jennifer Kendall said...

what a cute shower... and I love the theme!!! I love that you all made accessories for the baby. Too cute.

Kristin and Jay said...

cute shower steph... so fun.

Karen said...

Do I have to have another baby to get you to come visit me? Looks like you had a great time!

Ben and Michelle said...

it was a blast, thanks for coming and throwing me the shower. YOu are the greatest friend!!!