Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Idaho, Oregon, and Utah

A month has past and I'm finally getting our big summer trip posted. First we started in Idaho where the kids were spoiled rotten by Grandma Jaylene, Kelsi and Evan while Spencer and I got a little get away to Oregon. Then it was on to Utah to see the Swendsen's.
Of coarse a Johnson get together wouldn't be complete without some physical competition. I was impressed with Evan's effort this go around. He took some harsh shot's and pulled some muscles but he stayed in it- not bad for a "Old man" :)
A day at good old Heise Hot Springs. It was soooo cold- especially after coming from Oklahoma's 105 degree humid heat- but still a blast.

I don't know how he did it but Spencer somehow talked Sofie into going down the water slide twice, but you can see it in her face she was terrified.

Our first stop in Oregon was to Nike Town. So this is my dorky self chillin with Lebron James.


Isn't it just beautiful.

It was such a nice break. Thanks Evan and Jaylene.


Final stop- hangn' with the Swendsen's in Utah. We were so lucky to get 9 of the 10 siblings together (my lil' sis Susan is off serving the Lord in Germany).



Look at all the blonde hair and blue eye's. We almost doubled the number of grand kids in one year from 4 to 7.



These pictures just made me laugh, so I had to narrate some of them. My sister Lisa had Noah 4 days before I had Luke and then my sister Kathi has a 2 year old boy Boston, and the three little boys together were a hoot. I totally know Boston is going to give the little ones a run for their money. Every chance he got he was pranking Luke, pouring water on him or whatever was around. Luke loved it though- they are going to be so mischievous I can already tell.



I know Anne, KJ, and Lisa- you all want to kill me right now but since we are all mom's and we never had time to take some "unnatural" (these are definatly more natural mom moments) pictures of us mom's looking great with our hair done and our perfect smiles, these pictures I shot while wrestling with the kids will have to work. These were probably some of my favorite moments of the whole trip. I would always say I am not going to be one of those people that always talk about their kids- then I had kids :)- They consume every moment of your time it's like what else CAN I talk about. Anyways I LOVED IT. I just left feeling so lucky to be a sister to these great mom's. You all teach me a lot. I already miss you!


My sister Kathi had the funnest idea, since we came from all over the U.S. to be here at the same time, and since we never get to be together for the kids birthdays she had one huge UN-birthday party. It was another highlight of the trip- something we will have to do again.


Diva Sofie decorating her cupcake



Liking her candy ring she got to decorate.


Luke was in HEAVEN with his first taste of frosting.



I just love this moment- Boston making Luke laugh.



I can't hardly believe that my little brother is old enough to go on a mission but he is going to Peru in Sept. I was so lucky to be there with everyone when he went to the temple for his first time.


Sofie couldn't get enough of her cousin's or her Aunt Shelley. Shelley- even though she is almost 18 and would normally be out with friends spent so much time doing make-overs, sleepovers, looking at the stars etc. how fun!!!


The perks of a large family. I'm one of the oldest so I still have younger brothers and sisters to rough the kids up and they love every minute of it. Here's my littlest brother Andy putting Luke down the slide. Can you tell by Luke's face that he's a little nervous?
Well there it is in a nutshell, and over in a snap. What fun!

4 comments:

Effie said...

Stephanie,
Thanks for sharing so many pictures of the Swendsens. We miss living near Anne so that we get to see you all at least occassionally. So fun that you all were able to get together.

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

Your parents are going to have so many grandkids by the time the whole family is grown. I love that un-birthday idea. Kathy is so creative!

lexie said...

Fun fun! It makes me so excited to go on our trip. I am glad that when we are all done with school we will still be kinda close to each other!

Ariel said...

You guys have been traveling like maniacs! I can't believe you are almost done. I am excited to see where you end up practicing. Good luck with the big decision!
P.s. Could Sofie be any more beautiful?