Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wakeboard championships







Well who would have guessed that Oklahoma city would host the world championship wakeboarding competition this year? So of coarse Spencer couldn't pass up this once in a life time opportunity. I did think it was fun to watch how crazy these guys get and sorry the movie isn't really that cool but of coarse I video tape when they do the little tricks and totally miss the big tricks. Anyways there was a time when they had the pro women (more like girls they were like 18 years old) were signing autographs- and for those who don't know Spencer has high hopes for Sofie being a big wakeboarder one day so we HAD to get an autographed poster of all the prop girls to put in her room (actually I didn't know Spencer was planning on hanging it in Sofie's room or I proably wouldn't have gone through with it). Anyways getting on with my story so while I was going through the line one of the pro girls asked me if I had seen Rory on the Gilmore girls- because she thought I looked exactly like her. Now I wouldn't really think much of this except she is probably the 6th person to tell me this in the last couple of years. So I am posting a picture of both of us to get your opinions. Personally I think that we have similar features like a freckles and small round face but I would never say we look exactly alike. (Sorry I can't make this her picture any bigger without distorting it)






Well then it wouldn't be a post without a picture of our cute little cinderlla on here. She has really been into helping me clean I especially love it when she helps me "fold" laundry- it now takes 3 times as long to do most everything but at least I have good company.

11 comments:

lexie said...

i am glad that you guys enjoyed the wakeboarding. Did Spencer get to go out there? Just a little hint, whenever Emma wants to hang something up that doesn't match, the inside of the closet door works great!
I can totally see why people think you guys look the same. Your features are very similar.
I love when the kids want to help. I usually have Emma dust the walls! She thinks it is fun and it keeps her busy for awhile.
What is your plans next week? Lets pick a day and get together!

Rachel said...

That would have been fun to watch. I love that Spencer wants to hang it in her room. I think you guys look a lot alike.

jimanniefamily said...

Yep - you look a lot like her. Still more flattering that the most recent "look alike" comment I got on the plane- the flight attendant asked me " Are you going to vote for your look alike" ... I said, excuse me??? He said - "you know Sarah Palin - you look just like her with your glasses..."

Whatever...

Ben and Michelle said...

We wish we could of been there to see the wakeboarding championships. It looked really fun. I think there are some similarities between you and Rory. But you are way cuter!

JeremyandKathi.blogspot.com said...

I can see it... there are some similarities, but you are much cuter! Hi to your little wakeboarder!

Marcy M Miller said...

Steph- hey, you do look like Rory, how funny! That is fun that you guys got to watch something cool. I love your swimsuit in your last post- and you look totally hot!

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

I agree with Kathy, you are way cuter than Rory Gilmore. So glad I got to see you at church today, even if it was just in passing. I have to sing in sacrament meeting next week and so I'm a little nervous. I've stayed under the radar safely back in the primary room for a year so I thought I was safe. NOPE! Well, pray my voice doesn't crack! Let's do another fun thing this week if you can. Sorry you are the one that has to come up with all the ideas, you're just so good at it!

Fully Invested said...

Okay, I can see the similaraties, but your way hotter! Aren't little helpers fun! It took like threes hours for our kitchen floor to dry the other day because of the little helper I had:)
DEJA

David and Kristi Gailey said...

So cute! We miss you guys! We are FINALLY getting settled in Cincinnati.

Kami Banks said...

That is fun that you went to the wakeboarding comp. Brynn went to a surf comp with Brett and got a poster signed. It didn't last long though because someone ripped it, so it never made it up and the wall.( so sad) :) Anyways, I do see the resembles of that girl, but you are SO much cuter. I wish we could see you again. I had so much fun with you guys. It makes me miss you worse now. :) Love Ya

tj said...

You do kind of look alike-you are prettier though. I'm glad to see that Sofie is such a helper. She has changed so much since we saw her last!