Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall is in the air

So fall is my favorite season- probably like the majority of people- anywho I am just so excited it is here. There are some that don't know but in my former life (that would be life before marriage) I was a hunter- I know you aren't suprised because of my manly physique, but the leaves changing colors, the perfect temperatures and then there is this smell in the air that all just reminds me of the good old days of huntin with my dad. Well I thought you might want to see it to believe it so in the picture below the hottie, with the afro so big an adult size hunter orange hat won't even fit around the head, would be me proudly displaying our latest kill with a slit throat and blood dripping out- can we say REDNECK!!! Oh the good ole days when you thought you were so cool and you really a big DORK- at least I have matured in that I know I am a big dork now just wishing I was cool.
Well we have already been out and about trying to soak it all in before the freezing temperatures come. Below are some pictures of a visit to the zoo and a little camping trip we went on this weekend. We got a cheap thrill princess sleeping bag for Sofie and I've never seen her happier. She spent almost the whole entire time rolling around on that sleeping bag in the tent. I am just loving the age were it doesn't take much to make her happy. I know the day is comming where she is going to require alot more than a $15 sleeping bag to entertain her so I am living it up all I can with handme downs and cheap thrills.
So the last picture is Sofie with 2 french braids and a side messy bun something I have been dreaming of doing since the day she was born. Her hair is getting so long so on Sunday I decided that was the day to try and it really turned out so cute but by the time we made it to church she had had a nap and rubbed it around on the car seat it was like friz central.

13 comments:

Sara said...

Oh my heck! That picture of you hunting is hilarious!! I'm pretty sure I sported that exact same hair style at one time in my life...total 80's hair...too funny!

Jeppsen Family said...

Wow...I'm impressed and so is Peter. Fall reminds him of hunting season too. I love how even though you're in a new place, you don't waste a minute. You've done so many fun things since you've been here. Sophie's hair is darling. Nice work!

lexie said...

Fun stuff! I love this time of the year as well. Her hair looks so cute!

Kim said...

Sofie's hair is adorable. I am so sad, I was doing fun stuff with Allie's hair and then on a whim, "I" just cut it (which is really scarry in itself) I know hair grows back, but it is so cute to be able to do fun stuff. Have you checked out the blog shedoeshair.blogspot. She is amazing and I steal my ideas from her.

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

Okay, so first, stop bagging on you blogging skills! And secondly, quit bagging on your red-neck roots and frizz-friendly hair-do! Remember, it WAS cool when you were rockin' it! And the 80's are back in if you haven't noticed! The girls can't wait for Sofie's party on friday! We went by the Disney store today and June tried to talk me into getting her an 80 dollar Cinderella dress - no lie, 80 bucks! Don't worry, you will be seeing her in her usual rag-a-muffin princess garb because I'm not that nice of a mother! So I guess consider this our RSVP! Later huntress.

Ryan, Karen, Owen, and Ava said...

I know exactly what you mean about dreaming of the day you get to do your little girls hair. I've always loved playing with long hair, braiding, styling. I always do my nieces hair and hoped so much I'd have a little girl to style. So, that was pretty cute to read what you wrote about Sofie. I'm impressed she would let you do that. I've got a 10 second window with what I can do with Ava. But, usually I can manage to put a quick pony tail on the top. Anyway, Sofie's braids were cute.

Karen said...

Yeah, I made your list of blogging friends! I love the hunting pictures- must be why you love that OR. I can't wait to french braid Kate's hair...that is if she will ever hold still long enough for me to do it. Just another thing we have in common. Seriously, I use to french braid all of my friends' hair on the bus on the way to our track meets back in high school. Yeah, I thought I was pretty cool. They even formed a line to wait their turn.

Marcy M Miller said...

I love the hunting picture- what did our moms do to us????

Kami Banks said...

I love that you posted the hunting picture. I have to admit it is hard to think of you out hunting. The other day Brynn asked if Brett would take her hunting. He thought that was so cool, and he told her that you were a hunter. :)
Cute that Sofie loved her sleeping bag. There is something about the Disney Princess that still make my girls so happy. I also love Sofie's hair. Loves

Ben and Michelle said...

Great job on Sofie's hair!!

David and Kristi Gailey said...

So cute, good job. We miss you guys so much!

tj said...

Happy Birthday to Sofie! I need to call you guys and tell you in person!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Classic hunting photo!! Sofie has always been so lucky with all that hair--what a cutie. I can just see her loving that princess sleeping bag. Enjoy your Fall, we are still stinkin hot down here.