Saturday, August 23, 2008

Gymnastics and 5K



Just some cute pictures of Sofie- We got a really fun box of hand me downs from cousins' Jayden and Kelsi and so we have been putting together some really cute outfits. The PJ one is Sofie in all the fun character PJ's Kathi sent us Sofie just begs me all day to wear them so we put them all on at once she was soo excited.


Shelley and I did a really fun 5 K while she was here it was perfect for two girls raised on meat and potatoes because it was put on byt the stock yards and they were grilling hamburgers and hot dogs for everyone afterwards (of coarse the thought of a hamburger or hot dog after running made me want to hurl :) The race was at 7:30 in the morning and my nice man Spencer still got up at 6:00 and came to cheer us on- the one day he can sleep in- what a nice guy.



Sofie started gymanstics this week. She had soo much fun. I was suprised at how fast she caught on to things. Maybe we should have named her Shawn -(get it Shawn Johnson)




I was really suprised how fast Sofie just climbs up the rock wall- especially for not even being 2 yet. (does anyone know how to turn the movie?)



12 comments:

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

I guess I have to really start getting my running act together. You girls are pros! Unlike you guys, the thought of a hamburger would pull me through a race! I can't believe that Sofie is hanging on that bar preparing to jump into the foam pit! She's brave for being 2 (almost)! My girls will have to take a lesson!

Tiff and Dave said...

Your little Sofie is so cute! Brynlee is in gymnastics too, and she loves it! Way to go on the 5K. Maybe in another life I will be a runner.....hmmmm....maybe not! :) That's fun that you guys were able to go to Kansas City. We lived there for 4 years and really miss it. Your new haircut is way cute too!

Lacey said...

She is a cute little gymnist! Elodie is a huge tumbler right now and since we put her in dance class we will wait until next year to start a tumbling class. She was DROOLING over Nastia and Shawn the whole time gymnastics was on!

lexie said...

I am glad that Shelley was feeling better so she could run with you. GOOD JOB!
I am totally impressed with sofie's climbing ability. She totally takes after her dad! Remember climbing at ISU? Fun stuff!

Jeppsen Family said...

You and your sister are so cute! Where do you take Sopfie for gymnastics? I've been thinking about putting Maylee in a gymnastics class, but didn't think she was old enough!

banks said...

Congrats on your race. Also fun for Spencer for getting a new bike. What did he get?
Sofie looks so cute. Maybe she will be the an Olympic athlete, and carry on at least the last name. Loves

Sara said...

Steph, you are quite an inspiration with all the running you do!! My goodness...I don't think I've run anywhere since sixth grade field day :). Sofie is beautiful!

Ben and Michelle said...

Sofie, I am so proud of you! You are going to be a great gymnast!
Love you,

Michelle

Ben and Michelle said...

Steph,

Congrats on th 5K! You are really becoming a runner.

Kim said...

that is awesome that Sofie is in Gymnastics. I am totally going to have to look into that one for Allie-she is my climber. Good job on the 5K, I am getting ready for one in about a month. It's been a long time since I have "ran a race." Hopefully I finish.

Robison's said...

Steph-
It's Tannis (Bastar) I saw your blog from Natalie's you look so cute. Little Sofie is so cute. She looks like she is enjoying Gymnastics. I can't believe you ran a 5K thats awsome.

JeremyandKathi.blogspot.com said...

Yea Sofie! you go girl!