Sunday, August 10, 2008

Aunt Shelley,Kansas City, and the hair cut




My cute little sister Shelley is here visiting from Oregon and has been here for almost a week. I already don't know how I do it with out her help. She is so much fun to have around. (I just love that my face is so shinny in all the pictures!!)



Well I couldn't take it any longer- only being a 5 hour drive from some of my best friends and not going to play. So with Shelley's help Sofie, Shelley and I drove to Kansas City to party- While Spencer had to do a weekend seminar for school!! Ben and Michelle were like the best hosts ever and we had a BLAST! They have the cutest house in the cutest neighborhood and I was suprised how much fun Kansas city was.




Well I decided after a couple months in the heat of Oklahoma it was time to shorten the hair. This was the longest I have ever had my hair- I swear by the time I got it to the right length the hair style changed to short hair. So during my visit to KC Michelle chopped my hair. I love it- it is sooo light and airy feeling- just what I wanted. Thanks Michelle- (not bad for someone who's never been to hair school!)




We didn't waste a minute while we were together. We went all over downtown KC. One really fun thing we did was that us girls went to a Chris Keegan (Country) concert. KC has free concerts every Friday night downtown, we all know that deep down I am a country girl so I just loved it. We found fun parks, fountains, and free music. Perhaps the funnest things we did and what I miss most about Ohio- just hanging out playing games, laughing and watching the Olympics (it was football games in Ohio). Then of coarse Sofie was SPOILED by Ben and Michelle and couldn't get enough of Porter. I already miss you guys thanks for eveything- We had a BLAST.

16 comments:

Lacey said...

Love your hair short!! Flashbacks to Ricks! Your still so dang cute too!

Stacy said...

You are so pretty! And I love your hair cute! I loved it long too! I have been debating about having my hair cut and after seeing yours it makes me want to. If I get close to doing it I might chicken out. My hair is finally getting long and some days I love it and some days I can't stand it. Anyway enough about hair... It looks like you had a great time in Kansas.

Sara said...

I LOVE your haircut and I can't believe she didn't go to beauty school or anything! Don't worry...my face is always shiny in pics-your not alone!

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

Just wait, this heat's gonna have you chopping all your hair off by mid october when it still feels like the middle of summer! Not to apply too much pressure after you just got back, but we NEED to get together! This long-distance charade has gone on too long! Maybe I'll just call you. Yeah, that would be the easiest thing to do!

Ben and Michelle said...

Steph, thanks for coming. I can't wait to see Oklahoma City. You are the best.

Marcy M Miller said...

Steph- look how hot you are! I love the new cute! And your little sis- Shelly, holy crap she is all grown up- how crazy.

Kim said...

I love your hair cut-I wish I knew how to cut that good for no beauty school. I can't believe how much you and your sister look alike..crazy. Looks like you had fun on your adventure.

Rachel said...

More raving about how cute your hair is but I can't help it when it looks so good. Looks like you had a great time.

Preeces said...

Kay, and I thought you were sexy before. Love it! And you are the cutest ever. Thanks for saying those nice things on my blog about me. Miss your ace like crazy, M.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Cute hair! I am contemplating the same for me with the heat so crazy down here these days. Fun that you guys got to hang out with Michelle and Ben and that they live semi-close, 5 hours is nothing right?!

banks said...

It looks like you are having fun. I LOVE the haircut. I am jealous because you look cute in any haircut. Love ya!

JeremyandKathi.blogspot.com said...

hi shell! Wow, Sofie looks sooo big!I am so sad I am missing it, I hope we can connect before she graduates high school! j/k...love the hair! kj

Sharie said...

Love, love, love your hair!

Kris and Collette Scott said...

Steph and Spencer-
This is your long lost roomie from ISU- How are ya? Your little girl is adorable. It looks like you are well. Your hair is really cute Steph. It brought back memories of when you chopped it off at ISU. Anyway, it is fun to see what you have been up to. Keep in touch!

Matt & AmyBeth said...

Your hair looks great! And Rob and I went to KC one year for an aniversery trip and we were really surpized also at what a blast we had. it's a great little city.

Our Family said...

You are so beautiful... I have been wanting to do something to my hair for a long time, but just don't have the guts. Your hair looks so so so cute!!! I love the cut, and the angle in the front. But you would look beautiful, with no hair at all. You are just way to pretty.