Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Good bye Ohio- Hello Oklahoma



Well we took a leap of faith leaving our unsold condo and said goodbye to Ohio. Sofie was like an angel in the car. I was suprised since usually she cries the whole way to the grocery store. Plus Spencer and I drove both the cars so I didn't have an extra body to help with her. There was a bridge that got washed out in Indiana and traffic had to be re-routed. Yea, it took us 4 hours to go ten miles. Luckily Sofie can watch little mermaid and peter pan over and over without getting tired of them.


So I have to say that I have met some of the greatest life long friends over the years, one of them being my really great friend Jess. Since our friendship really bloomed in our pop filling class we had in High school (yea I know you are jealous we had a period where we filled the pop machines at Rigby High school. Since that only took like 30 min we spent the rest of the time meandering around visiting friends and bascially doing whatever we wanted- and we got credit for it.) It was only fitting that four years after our last visit we reunited at "Pops" a gas station dedicated to pop from all around the world. Anyways if it wasn't for Jess we would probaly be living out of our cars right now. Jess is here in Oklahoma and she went home for a month and so we have taken over her house. I have to say she has the cutest house. She also has a trampoline and we put the sprinkler under it like the good old days and Sofie was having the time of her life. Also she has some pretty fun friends/ family out here that have taken us in and made us feel so comfortable here. Thanks Jess and Kolby



We feel pretty lucky to be here in Oklahoma because not only is my friend Jess out here but our friends the Sautters are here in Oral Surgery (old undergrad friends). So it has really helped us with the transition leaving some really great friends in Ohio. Sofie already has so many friends out here but she hasn't forgotten her friends in Ohio. We have been trying to soak up all the time we can with Spencer before he has to go back to the grind that's where some of the other random pictures come into play.

17 comments:

Marcy M Miller said...

That is so nice of Jess to let you guys stay at her place while you try to find a place to rent. I'm glad Sophie was good for your car ride, my kids don't do so hot when we travel. Good Luck in finding a place to live- I feel for you, we've done it quit a bit.

banks said...

It looks like you guys are having a great time there. I am happy you already have friends there. That makes things so much easier. I have been meaning to tell you how cute you look. You looked so beautiful in all the graduation picture. I think I forget to tell you sometimes because it is just a given that you always look so good. Your hair is so long. I am debating cutting mine next week. We'll see. I am in Idaho now, and I am bummed you aren't here like during like last time I was here. Thanks for your nice comments on my blog. I am blessed you are my sister-in-law. Loves

Laura said...

glad you made it to oklahoma. it's so weird for us to still be here in Ohio living somewhat normal lives, but all of the sudden, all our friends are gone. sophie looks so cute packed in that car!

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

I am so dumb. I was looking at your pictures and I thought, "Hey, we have a trampoline just like that!" It only took me a couple of seconds to remember it is our trampoline but it was just enough time to realize that I am truly loosing my mind! I'm so glad you guys are having fun! How's everything going? Are you wanting to murder the dryer yet? I do every day! Well, enjoy while we're gone and we'll see you in a couple of weeks! Did you guys go to the Pelican Bay Pool? We haven't been there yet so you can tell us if it was fun! The park behind it is awesome, by the way. Hafer Park. Lots of slides, swings, and a rock-climbing wall!

Rachel said...

Looks like you guys are having lots of fun. Sorry the trip had some hiccups. I'm debating what we should do for our trip to Canada this summer. Those DVD players are awfully enticing. Our summer is flying by and I know it will be back to the school grind way too soon for Courtney. We're soaking up every minute we can with him now.

Lacey said...

Happy to hear you made it safely..it's always a pain to travel with kids so it's so wonderful when they cooperate!
Hope you get settled soon!
love ya!!
lacey

David and Kristi Gailey said...

We miss you so much. We have not had any luck on our condo yet. Have you? I hope it all works out for everyone. That one guy that maybe wanted to rent or buy our condo needed a two car garage for his expensive cars. So it would not work out for either of us. Dave drove down to Cincinnati today and is staying in a hotel tonight. I don't know where he is going to stay next week. I must say I was very depressed that I am not down there with him and all of our friends are leaving. I wish you the best of luck with everything. Love ya!

Kim said...

Yeah! You made it. Looks like you guys are adjusting well. That is so nice to have somewhere to crash while you have some time to look for a place and some instant friends. I'm so glad Sofie was good in the car...and by yourself with her...you are good. Keep me posted on the hunt for a job

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Glad Oklahoma is treating you guys well already. So Alyssa is working on the states where most of her little friends have moved, but she says "Oklahoma" with gusto for Sofie every time without fail!

Preeces said...

Glad you made it! Did you sell your house? Kay, teach me how to make my blog cute. You know how new to the computer I am. Miss ya, thinkin about ya!

Fully Invested said...

That's awesome Jess is there where you'll be leaving! That's the hardest part for me in a new place, meeting people. I loved your pics, we rig the same thing for Jett on road trips. Hope things continue to go well for you there! Good luck!
DEJA

Tiff and Dave said...

Congrats on the move! I'm sure it is nice to know that this is the last step to your husband being done. Sooo nice of Jess to let you guys stay there for a while. Good luck on selling your condo.....the market is pretty pathetic right now!! I'm so sorry it took you 4 hours to go 10 miles...I would have been ripping my hair out! Sounds like you have an awesome little girl who made it easier for you! She's a doll! Good luck with Ortho school!!

JEFF AND LINDSY said...

Hey Steph! Im so glad you left a comment on our blog, its so good to hear from you! Im actually one of those blog stalkers that looks at everyones blogs and never leaves a comment so Im always excited to hear from new people. It sounds like your doing soo good and YOUR little girl is so dang cute and you look so dang beautiful I love your hair dark like that! Im excited to keep in touch with ya! Take care and good luck with everything!

JeremyandKathi.blogspot.com said...

great pics... I miss you guys and I don't even live by you... Sofie is getting soo big! wow. Her hair is so blonde.. smiles kj

The McClellan Family said...

Hey Stephanie,
Just wanted to say hi! I've been trying to talk Andrew into taking me to Columbus because he served his mission there. Hope you like Oklahoma, I had no idea you moved out of Idaho! Your so lucky!
Andrew and Jorelle

Justin & Rebecca &family said...

We would have loved to have seen you. That is so exciting for you to start a new adventure, Moving is always an adventure. We will be moving in Dec. or so but we are not sure where yet. Justin will be graduating from Chiropractic school and wants to start up his own practice. We are just not sure where. Sophie is so cute. It was great to hear from you we need to stay in touch more often.

Ben and Michelle said...

Oklahoma looks fun! I am so glad everything is working out for you guys. I love and miss you three a lot.