Saturday, July 16, 2011

End of May early June. . .

Well the month of June started out with the Swendsen clan getting together. Everyone was there except Spencer, Jim (Annie's husband) and the two missionaries, Susie and Eric. So Mom had a photographer come and take a photo of the moment!


Here is 8 of the 10 kids. Good lookin clan if I must say so myself.. . . but where are the kids everyone is so grown up!


This is more like it! And the memories of borrowing clothes without asking, the bossing around, the laughs and the cries. . . .



The almost whole clan!



Grandma had sent Sofie catapillars that turned into butterflies so we broght them to Utah with us and let them go into Grandma's flowers! (Minus the 1 that didn't make it out of the cacoon and the one that didn't make it alive to Grandma's- oops)



Who are these monkey's- All the girl cousin's



The big even that brought us all together. My littlest sister Shelley grad-gee-ated high school!


Oh this little turtle doesn't fit in his shell.

Fianlly punished for their crimes. . . too much candy, being mean to their siblings the list goes on.





Sofie getting a pony ride with her cousin's at Thanksgiving point. Sofie said her horse's name was "Banilla"


I am probably the only person that was excited to turn 30. I mean when you look like you aren't even 20 and you tell people you are 30 it's amusing. I wish I looked more like my age, so I could stop getting crusty looks at the grocery store like I am a high school knock up but oh well Whatcha going to do?




I know what you are saying "What? Why does she have a picture of her and Spencer in bath robes in a hotel room". Well I just had to document the funnest birthday ever! Spencer really out did himself this year. Friday, the day before my birthday, he came home early and I was really tired so I asked if he could watch the kids while I took a little nap. When I woke up my little sister Emily was at our house- which I had no idea about and was suprised since she lives 4 hrs away in Utah. Then Spencer said. "Ok Emily is here to watch the kids, get in the car and lets go." Surprise he had planned this little weekend getaway to this quaint little town in Colorado called Ouray which is know for it's natural hot springs. So this little hotel was built on top of a place they call the "Cave" which is a natural hotsprings in a cave. It was sooo hot I couldn't even get in. Spencer got in for a second and his skin was a lobster color. Well, then they had a nice swim pool/ hot springs outside which was georgeous becuase it is right in a bowl of mountains with waterfalls all over! The robes were provided by the hotel and was what you were to sport around in- I think I needed a kids size though! Anyways we were lounging out in the pool when a lady came and snuck me away for a massage- one more little suprise Spencer had arranged. It was like the perfect little vacation!



The next day we went on a few hikes to some waterfalls. It was the perfect time to go since all the snow was melting and the waterfalls were so big.







So we went to the Grand Junction farmers market and I had decided that I would give sofie $5 and tell her that was all she got for the night so she could by food, candy toy's whatever but it had to be $5 or less and once it was gone there was no more! So she decided that she was going to spend her money on face painting and just to give you an idea of how set this little girl gets on things. She stood in line for almost 2 hrs to get this done. I tried finding other things to change her mind, cotton candy, jewlery but no she had to get her face painted. What even made it worse was that as soon as we were done it was like 9:00 pm way past her bed time so I normally would have went home and washed it right off but I let her sleep with just trying to feel like we got our time and money's worth.

No comments: