Saturday, July 16, 2011

Cute conversations

Well I finally got our blog posts from 2010 made into a book and I just have had all these cute conversations I've heard from Sofie that I want recorded. I'm only sad that I didn't put them on the blog sooner because I think I forgot some and I wanted them in our book!
Anyways 2 of Sofie's bestest friends stayed the night when there were driving from Okie to Pokie haha. Anyways June and Winnie came for a sleepover and Sofie was so excited and just besides herself with all the things she had to catch June and Winne up on since it had been 6+ mo. since we saw them last. So they had settled down for the night and I was in her room putting a few last things away when I heard Sofie giving the latest list of her new friends she made here in Colorado she said "So first there is Teegan and she is so LOVABLE and just so fun you would love her. Then there is Courtney she is ADORABLE and just cute she is the best. . . ." I know there are a few adjectives I am missing due to the time laps but I just cracked up. Only 4 and having such girl talk, I guess it's just something we are born with.
Then there is this "dirty" story but I just have to put it so it is can still bring laughs through the years. So yes I still wipe Sofie's bum when she goes #2. I have tried to get her to do it but she just doesn't want to give up the intimate time together. . . I guess. Anyways one day she had done her business and yells "Mom I need you to wipe I'm done and I went number 2". So I go in and wrap the paper around my hand and as she is totally bent over the toilet with me going in for the gig she suddenly says "Surprise, it's diarrhea!" I was like "Ohh what a fun surprise. . . " Well what can i say she loves to surprise me for better or worse! She has this infatuation with diarrhea lately I don't know why but she gives me updates on the deed by saying things like "I think I have diarrhea because I didn't have to go. . and then she makes this strenuous face and a pushing sound." Or she tells me what kind of poop Luke is going to have. . . "Mom I think Luke doesn't have diarrhea because he went and then does the strenuous face and sound thing"
So Sofie is our little miss priss so it just makes me nervous for what is going to come out of Luke's mouth when he talks!!!!
Here is another little addition to funny things my kids say. So I had a ton of errands to run yesterday and it included a trip to the mall. I pile all my errands up until I have to do them because Sofie will drive me crazy asking me for any little thing with a princess. I also had to get birthday gifts for kids so I HAD to go to the toy isle so I knew it was going to be inevitable that she ask me for stuff. So I tried to come up with a positive solution for a negative problem and before we even went into the store I tole her if she didn't ask for anything I would get her an ice cream. Well I let the first like 5 attempts slide by when I finally thought it's time I stick to my word and I put my foot down and said OK you have been asking me for stuff so no ice cream. Well then came the tears and the begging. . ."Please I will not ask anymore. I want a second chance. I won't do it anymore. . . . " but I remember someone telling me once to let your kids fail early in life or they will have a hard time later in life. So I thought no I have to stick to my guns here. Well when Sofie figured her begging and crying wasn't going to work she said "Fine, but when I get older I am not going to come home and visit you." I couldn't believe she was threatening me like that- she isn't even 5yrs old yet!!! I said that's mean to say and she told me it was mean for me to not give her ice cream. Well I hope it was just anger in the moment because I would hate for her to never come home because of a small ice cream incidence :) kids!

3 comments:

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

I told everyone about Sofie's chat with the girls. What a sweet little chick she is. Winnie prays every night that Sofie can come to her birthday. And then she makes me show her with my arms, the distance between your house and ours. I'm sure I'm off a bit.

lexie said...

Funny! My kids are into the whole poop talk too! Just wait til you have two talking about. Talk about funny and gross!

Jennifer Kendall said...

Printing my blogs into books in the only reason I still blog, I do it every January (print my blog) and it's nice to have a sort of journal- since I don't scrapbook! I love looking back on conversations from when the kids are little, so funny!