Monday, April 19, 2010

Our Blue Eyed "Babes'"


So I was checking my sister Lisa's blog (she had a baby 5 days before I had Luke) when the guilt over came me, I ran to the closet pulled out the trusty old black sheet- didn't even change his clothes (as you can tell by the drool running down the front) and did a homemade 6 month photo shoot for Luke.


Of coarse as you can tell by this photo it's become quite difficult to get pictures of Luke without Sofie trying to hop in every time I am about to shoot, and it always seems those are the best pictures of Luke- So be it- I never said I was a professional.
I'm just a mother on a mission and a small budget so I fudge it :)- I really need to get out more.


Okay I SWEAR I did not enhance these blue eyes on photoshop they are just so blue!!!




We had to take a bottle break- the life of a celebrity- so exhausting. But I had to show everyone how Luke is making my life easier by holding his own bottle- I tortured both of us trying to make the breastfeeding work but now when I see this, all those bad memories fade and a smile comes to my face.


This picture cracks me up with Luke's facial expression and Sofie's pose




Oh so precious


Luke of coarse couldn't have all the attention so here is Miss Sofie and you might notice that she got a new summer hair cut. I don't know what happened to the lighting in this one. It looks like it got left on the dash of the car for a couple of months.



Here are some of the last shots of those beautiful goldie locks. I am sure I am just totally prejudice but is she not the prettiest little girl ever- and those dimples-



I had to get the whole outfit in there to show Grandma Jaylene what good taste she has in clothes.

And now a little Easter catch up.


Do you think she was excited to see the Easter Bunny?


Our timid little egg hunter. She was funny to watch because she would start to go for an egg even have her hand on it and if anyone so much as looked at it she would suddenly retaliate. It is the same reason why we are struggling with soccer she doesn't want to take the ball from anyone.

Notice the hairdo. I think most people know that Sofie's hair each day is done by special request, such as "In a poof like Tinkerbell" or "half up half down like Belle" etc. Well thanks to the new movie "How to Train Your Dragon" this is the Astrid hair do.


So there pretty much isn't a day that goes by where people tell me that Sofie and Luke are like clones and then after that it's either "they look just like Spencer" or "They must look like your husband". So last night they were all playing on the floor and I got a good look- What do you think?

So since this is my 6mo. post for Luke I thought I would do an update of his progress. I have yet to take him to the Dr. but despite his birth weight issue he seems to have slid down the scale in the percentiles. I now it's probably too soon to tell for sure but it looks like he is going to have Spencer's body with the longer torso, broad shoulders and shorter- but powerful :)- legs. He is sitting up, and wanting to crawl so bad. This is a little snip it of him trying to move- but not moving. I could watch him all day and he hardly moves but as soon as I leave the room and come back in he is like clear on the other side of the room. I have no idea how he does it. He does roll over so that must be how he does it. But I have a feeling he is going to be crawling and into everything sooner than later.

9 comments:

Tanna said...

Steph, I miss you!! Yes, I too think Sofie is adorable, I think they both look like you and I love the Astrid hairdo. We loved that show. Pete plays Hiccup and Abby plays "Astriod". Aren't kids so fun?

JeremyandKathi.blogspot.com said...

I want to me LUKE! He is so cute I want to squeeze those little cheeks!!! Sofie, Kelsi has it on her to do list,go to Disneyland and visit Sofie...she wants to play! I love the post! For the record, Luke looks like his dad, and Sofie looks more like you...just my opinion though!

megan said...

the pictures turned out sooooo cute!!!! Luke and Sofie look so much alike!! I really like sofie's hair both ways....I seriously looked at it in the short picture and thought it was perfect for her, and then saw the longer hair and thought the same thing :-)

Ummm..and what kind of music do you have playing on your blog?!?! j/k...i like this song too

Kristin and Jay said...

cute cute kids. Good to see you are doing well! I am glad to hear someone elses child requests particular princess dos on a daily basis.

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

I can't hardly look. It's getting to difficult to think of losing Sofie at the end of the year. I'm trying to ease the girls into the loss, but Winn is already totally upset. You may have to leave Sofie behind. And we might as well take Luke, too, since he is such a good boy!

lexie said...

So cute! I love the blue eyes! We had so much fun playing last Sunday. We need to do it more often. Spencer is out of town this weekend but maybe the next you guys can come over here!

Ryan, Karen, Owen, and Ava said...

LUke is reminding me of Sophie and that age. Those days at my house with Owen playing with her. Cute, cute kids.

Ben and Michelle said...

He really does have the bluest eyes. They are very cute! I think that you have be most adorable kids.

David and Kristi Gailey said...

Your kids are adorable! Luke is getting so big, I love his big blue eyes. How fun to get to do Sofie's hair everyday. Maybe some day I will have a girl to do that to. How do you do that photo shop anyway? My crapy camera just isn't doing it for me anymore. We miss you guys so much, hope you are doing well. Say hello to Spencer for Dave.