Monday, May 11, 2009

Our miracle



So about a week and a 1/2 ago I got a phone call from Spencer's phone but it wasn't Spencer- Spencer had left about 40 min prior to go on a big group bike ride and it was a fellow bike rider telling me Spencer had been hit by a car on his bike and was being taken to the hospital, but he was awake and talking. When I finally got to see him at the hospital he was pretty beat up, shaking and his blood pressure was through the roof, but when he came out of the scans and x-rays he didn't even have a broken bone. The police man came to visit him at the hospital and couldn't believe how lucky he was. He said they think the car was going 40 miles an hour when it hit him. When another biker brought his mangled bike by he couldn't believe Spencer was up walking around. He said he saw the whole thing and it was like it was off a movie- the car slamming into him, him crashing the windshield and then flying high in the air and smashing down in the asphalt. Luckily Spencer doesn't remember any of it- he blacked out and when he came to he said that all these people were surrounding him telling him not to move and then some guy was praying over him- hey maybe it helped. His helmet was cracked on both sides first from hitting the car then from hitting the road. All I can say is that I really believe someone unseen was protecting him. I keep playing the possibilities of what could have happened over and over in my head and I just feel so blessed that he made it out with only some cuts and bruises.

18 comments:

David and Kristi Gailey said...

Holy Crap!!! That is so scary! I'm so glad he is okay!

Annie said...

Thank heavens! I bet you just don't want to let the boy go. -So happy you're ALL okay.

lexie said...

I am glad that he is good. Maybe he should rethink the whole bike thing :) Do you want to hang out on thursday?

The McClellan Family said...

Oh man, that is some dent! I'm glad he's ok!

sorensens said...

Wow that is so scary! What a blessing that he is okay.

Kris and Collette Scott said...

I am so glad he is okay. Someone was definitely watching over him. Congrats on the new baby also. Hope all is well!

Karen said...

I think the car got it worse than Spencer! We are so happy that everything turned out okay. You guys are living right! Heavenly Father must have some big plans for your little family!

Kelli said...

Oh my goodness, what a scary/terrible/wonderful story. I'm so glad he is okay. What a tremendous blessing.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Scary!! I agree, so glad that he is okay after all of that.

Lacey said...

Oh my gosh! Stephanie that is crazy!! I'm so glad to hear that Spencer is doing okay!!! What a huge blessing for your family that he is well!

It's amazing how protected we are!

Jennifer Kendall said...

Thankful he was wearing a helmet.. I bet. Wow! How scary. Just reading it my heart was racing, I can't imagine if I had received a phone call like that!! I am glad he's ok.

banks said...

The car look so banged up. I am so happy all is well. I am excited to see Spencer this week. I wish I was seeing you and Sofie as well, but I will see you next month. Loves

Kristin and Jay said...

WOW! Keep the faith huh.

Ryan, Karen, Owen, and Ava said...

Oh my gosh! I'm sure he was being protected. So relieved he's ok. That must be quite a shake up for all of you.

Ben and Michelle said...

Wow, the car looks bad. I am so happy that he was fine. What a miracle.

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

It's just too bad that the accident made Spencer feel invincible! Now he's going to go looking for trouble!

McKay Womack said...

Wow Steph that's scary!! Mckay and I had a miracle with carter this past week. He got hit by a motorcycle. Actually you'd know where on 600 N by the canal. Any ways he's all right too.

Well I had a question. Mckay and I just rsvp for the dinner on the 3rd and realized that it was our old address on paypal....so my question is do you send us any tickets then or will we just be on a list. thanks steph

Oh and will we be blessed to see you.....WE HOPE SO!!

tj said...

Totally missed you last weekend but glad to spend some time with you in a couple of weeks. Did Spencer get his new bike and is he back to riding?