Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving break



Well our Thanksgiving break started out with another fun visit with our friends the Frandsen's from Kansas City. We actually met them in Dallas and went to the Dallas world aquarium. I was hoping it was going to be something really cool since the admission is kind of steep- and I wasn't let down. It was made to look like a jungle and there were monkeys in the open trees with waterfalls and rivers filled with all sorts of fish and reptiles. They also had a glass tunnel with sharks.

Of coarse we did more fun things with the Frandsen's and had a great Thanksgiving dinner and I didn't take any pictures!!! One thing I did that I don't remember doing for a long time was going shopping on Black Friday. For so long I had thought that there was a few great deals that go when the doors open and that is really just a ploy to get people to come into their store while everything else is close to normal price. So for all these years I have not taken advantage of the Black Friday sales. We first went to Target and I felt like people were just throwing anything in their cart that had a sale sticker on it, so I made sure to tell myself to not become like that when the next thing I know we are at the Disney store and I am going buck wild with the princess paraphernalia- When I got home a realized all the things I got I was feeling a little sheepish. But over all I thought there really were some good deals.

I do want to say in the thanksgiving season how thankful I am for all my blessing. I truly feel like the Lord takes really good care os us by giving us so many really great friends and family- thank you everyone for your kindness to us!

Tagged again- I am just worried I might not have enough adult answers. Sometimes I feel like I've gotten so lost in the daily life tasks I've forgotten what I really like but we will give it a go
Crazy 8's tag
8 TV shows I Love: (even though I hardley ever watch TV- but when I do it's:)
1. The Office
2. I did like heros until like 3 weeks ago when I was just totally lost
3. Family Fued- as you will see I am a game show junkie
4. Deal or no Deal
5. Who wants to be a millionaire
6. Iron Chef
7. Untamed and uncut- (animal attacks caught on tape)
8. Any makeover shows

8 Favorite Restaurants:
1. P.F. Changs
2. Elvaqero (even though it's only in Ohio :()
3. Olive Garden
4. I love chineese and I really like all those little whole in the wall places that seem to be owned by the same people- like the Great wall
5. City BBQ
6. Panera bread
7. Texas Road house
8. Mongolian BBQ

8 Things that happened yesterday:
1. Ben and Michelle left :(
2. We put up our Christmas tree
3. Spencer put up the lights on the house
4. We watched the OU- Oklahoma State game
5. I got to talk to my good friend Lori on the phone, two sisters, and my mom
6. Did Laundry (I know exciting)
7. Took an hour and a 1/2 nap- Heavenly
8. Drove around some neighborhoods checking out the christmas lights

8 things I'm looking forward to:
1. Going home for Christmas!
2. One day getting a real paycheck
3. Finishing the Twilight series- I only have like 20 pages left
4. Sofie being potty trained
5. Sofie's face on Christmas morning
6. My hair being long again someday
7. Someday living close to family
8. Being back in the mountains

8 people I tag:
1. Lexie Sautter
2. Jen Olsen
3. Michelle Frandsen
4. Lori Luff
5. Melanie Lee- this is an effort to get you to post some pictures as well :)
6. Karen Berhmann
7. Kim Hansen
8. Kristi Gailey

12 comments:

Kami Banks said...

I am so glad you had a fun Thanksgiving. I am bummed we could have not worked it out to see each other, but I am so looking forward to see you guys in like a month. I also read your tag, so you want long hair again. I think your hair looks so cute right now. I am also impressed you went shopping on black Friday. I always think I am going to try one of these time, but I still haven't. Well, I'll SEE you soon. Kami

Lori said...

I told you that you would regret cutting your hair! Should have listened! I cannot wait until mine is long again too, but that will be awhile!:(

Lacey said...

Black Friday is fun but can be very dangerous! Some people are nuts! I'm not too crazy about it! My time is much more valuable than waking up and standing in line at 2am!
I'm glad you FINALLY got around to the Twilight Series. What did you think? I read the first book almost 3 years ago and have been hooked ever since!

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving too!

Kim said...

I wish you would have ventured to Boise for Thanksgiving....or maybe Katie and I should have made our way to Dallas. I just love Black Friday. I don't even care if I get that much stuff, but just love the chaos of it all. Fun times!

lexie said...

I am glad that you enjoyed your black friday shopping. It is my favorite! Next year if my Spencer doesn't have to work we should go together!
Thanks for spending Thanksgiving with us. We had a great time!

Aspen Inn said...

Hey, thanks for the comment. It looks like your family is doing great and your little girl is a cutie. Take Care, Karissa

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

How did you get put on the reunion committee? I will visit the site and then let you know anyone else I may know of. Hope you had a great thanksgiving.

Brad and Tifani said...

Hey Steph!
Which part of Idaho?? We will be in IF until the 28th or 29th, then we will be back in Nampa! Let us know!!

Our Family said...

Hey Stephanie! I just spent forever going over your blog. I have not looked at it for a while! I love all your tags, and all the cute pictures. Your little Sofie is so cute! And I have to ask, how did you get a hour and a half nap?? I am so jealous. I want one!
Jill

Melanie said...

Okay so you don't even know what a loser I am!! I just read Ben and Michelle's blog and they got after me for not blogging and now this! I miss you guys! Funny thing, Scott and I were just talking about how we miss the "Vaq." Here we are in Arizona and you think we'd be in heaven with all the delicious mexican food and we wanted el vaquero.

ps. check it out www.melanieleephotography.blogspot.com

Ben and Michelle said...

We hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season.

Love,
Ben & Michelle

Fully Invested said...

I'm really late commenting, sorry, agreed on being thankful for family and friends, what would we do without them! Can't wait to see more pics of your fam!
DEJA