Thursday, January 13, 2011

Life rewinded part I




I have to start this out, with what so far, in our married life, is Spencer's biggest accomplishment. As of Dec. 9th 2010 Spencer is an Orthodontist. 10 1/2 years of School has finally come to an end. Though as exciting as it was, it had to be the most stressful time of our lives, trying to figure out where to go next, where was the best place to take our family etc? I get anxiety just sitting here thinking about it. Though I feel as stressful as it was we have been really blessed with the friends and family that has helped us through the process. We are excited to now call Grand Junction, Colorado our home for now. After these graduation pictures everything is kind of a hodgepodge of events in and out of order, hope you enjoy. And there is a second posting underneath for all the evens we couldn't fit into one posting.



2010 OU Orthodontics graduating class. Dan, Raj, Spencer, and Joe


The Ladies- soo happy- no more school. Cherisse, Kristin, Steph, Jeana


Kristin and I. We spent so much time together while our husbands were galvanting around "conferences" and spending time at the school. I loved all our walks and talks. Going to miss you!


More fun wives who I love and miss- Christina and Sarah

All the ladies/ girlfriend from all the 3 years of residents.

I now have soo many good friends all over the United States. I really feel so lucky to meet so many really amazing people through this whole journey!!


Gift bags from the faculty


The Johnson dinner party.


For a graduation gift my friend Kristin and I had a brunch with our friends and family that traveled for the big event and to say good job.



Spencer with his Mom and Pop's


A little graduation pop for a party favor.


The Cake. Isn't is so cute and just perfect for the event.


My mom who is super crafty and helped me with those cute pops.



Yeah!!- Our kids were here. We don't have any pictures of us with our kids on graduation day. I'm the worst mom!



Well, doesn't it look so official. Here is the sign in front of Spencer's new office.




A little jump back to the holiday season (for Christmas festivities refer to the following post.) Talk about a reality check- go snowboarding with your little sisters, (one still in high school) and then you realize how old and frail you are getting. But so fun!



Blast from the past. We were so lucky to get to see some of our most favorite friends the Frandsen's and Lee's. Oh so many nights in dental school spent with these ladies- that's how we made it through!





The guys. With our kids not around it was almost like nothing had changed. A late night fun of laughs and fun.



This was a family picture of us in our favorite winter outfit. . .



AKA ugly sweater party. No that is not a neck brace on Spencer, just a turtle neck :)



How we have spent our last week- trying to put our lives back together here in Colorado.


A little fun in our back yard


We moved only 4 hours from family, we hadn't even been here a week and Grandma has already been to visit- so glad to be closer!


We have already had a lot of really big 1st in the last week. Spencer's first big day of work as an orthodontist. Sofie's 1st day of preschool- and . . .




Sofie lost her 1st tooth. It happened so quickly. I feel so ill prepared. I haven't really talked to her about the tooth fairy or prepared a little tooth party like I wanted. Last night I noticed she had a wiggly tooth. Spencer just couldn't believe it since it's sooo early. Then today she was eating her lunch when we heard a crunch and Sofie said "There is something crunchy in my food." Reached into her mouth a pulled out her tooth. I don't even know the going rate for a tooth these days? Any advice will be gladly excepted.


Well this is not all of the last couple months. . continue on to the next post for more. (You might want to take an intermission break, it might be longer than this one.)

11 comments:

Effie said...

Congratulations to Spencer and to you too Stephanie. I am sure he couldn't have made it without you. Loved the cake! Good luck in Grand Junction!

Sara said...

Hey Steph! That's so exciting that you guys are all done with school! Congrats!! I can't wait until we're done too! Have fun in Colorado!!

Larsen Family said...

im glad you posted. we miss you. kenna started crying the other day and i asked what was wrong and she said, "i miss sofie!"

Rachel said...

Steph, What a small world, Derek Dean and his family were in our Ward in Denver. We have another orthodontist friend that moved to GJ too. Too bad you we're not in CO any more, we could have seen you in person. Congrats on getting done with School. I know the Hubby got the degree on paper, but you earned it too!

Lacey said...

Congratulations on graduation! That is so awesome! And I can't believe Sofie already lost a tooth! Elodie is in 1st grade and hasn't lost her first one yet! She got teeth late and the dentist says they are all there, just waiting...she is so impatient though as all her class is losing teeth like crazy!

So happy for you guys- good luck settling into Colorado!

traske.melissa said...

congrats and welcome to the real world!! i hope that you adjust well and things are going well. i haven't updated our blog but muir girl number 4 has arrive and things are crazy. the real world is great but yet so different from those school days. i miss them and all our amazing friends we met on the way!

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

Wow! So much has happened and it feels like you just left. I told the girls that Sofie lost her first tooth and June just can't get over it. I'm going to give you a call back this week. The kids got sick with the flu and so I've been super busy. But I miss you and think of you guys every day!

lexie said...

I miss you guys! I tried to call, do you still have the same number? We got your vday package-thanks the kids were so excited! I am glad that you guys are getting all settled. I loved all the pictures, you looked so pretty at graduation! Pretty crazy about luke getting runned (?) over, glad he is ok.Please call!

Karen said...

Congratulations to both of you! I am so jealous! Will my day ever come? Glad to hear Luke survived the crash.....I guess he has his daddy's genes! Hope all is going well in Colorado!

Shelley said...

We are glad you've joined us in GJ!! It's fun to get together and have kids around my kids age! You're awesome!!

Kellie said...

Congrats on Colorado! How fun to be so close to family!!! That cake was seriously the funniest thing I have ever seen. Love it! I'm so excited for you guys, it really looks like there are so many fun things to do, live it up! You deserve it!!!