Friday, October 2, 2009

Our craziness we call life


Spencer has decided to give Triathlons a tri :) and did two triathlons back to back. The first one he ever did was a really big race where people from all over the US flew in for the Redman. He ended up getting 6th in his age group- this race just warmed him up for the next weekend where he got 2nd over all by 10 seconds. I know I've said it before but I really think he's somewhat of a mutant.


Our little lady turned 3. She insisted on a Tinkerbell party but since we invited almost as many boys as girls we turned it into a Tinkerbell/ Peter Pan party. Kids decorated wands for the girls and pirate bandanna for the boys and were dressed accordingly. They then got tattoos at the Indian encampment, walked the plank and found the lost treasure in the mermaid lagoon. Sofie has SOOOOO many nice friends out here. I just think she is the luckiest little 3 yr old. She got a bike from mom and dad. It was so cute Spencer said he felt really proud buying her bike. He said it's like a huge step in Sofie's life getting a bike (I hope she doesn't let him down :)


Okay I just have to put a little exert in our "family journal" about the amazing friends and people out here in Oklahoma, just to look back at when I'm having one of those bad days. I wasn't expecting any showers when we got pregnant and have ended up with 4 this pregnancy. The first one being with my fam when I went home this summer. This collage doesn't do justice to how many people, how much fun and how cute they were but I just am in awe what people have done for me and my little boy. I seriously feel like a million bucks to have to so many great people in my life. Thanks so much everyone!!! I think the nicest people live in Oklahoma and I met some dang nice people in Idaho and Ohio. Spencer is gone this week and everyone is so worried about me having this baby with him gone. I can't believe the offers people have given to help if something happens while he is gone. Even Dr's at work are telling me to call their house (as if it's anything I want anyone at work to see me go through :) but I just feel like the lord really knows me and has blessed me with the right people along the way when we are so far from family!!!!


Speaking of dang nice people in Ohio- one of my best friends Michelle drove 5 hours each way to just come and hang out with me while Spencer was gone for 2 weeks. I seriously would have lost my mind if she didn't come. Thanks Michelle you are just a great friend!

11 comments:

Marcy M Miller said...

You are so lucky to have such great people in your life- and wow you are lucky to get 4 baby showers. Sounds like Sofie had a fun birthday party.

traske.melissa said...

we sure miss you and i am glad to see the update. i hope all is going well and that the little guy comes soon. ps did you do the cupcakes for sofie's birthday...can i hire you for my girl's birthdays.

lexie said...

WE had a fabulouse time at Sofie's party-you did an awesome job. I might have to steal some of your ideas for future bdays! I am glad that SPencer gets home tomorrow. Hopefully, he won't have to leave again for a long time!!

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

I'm keeping my phone close! But I have a feeling that Spencer's going to make it home in time.

Lacey said...

Sofie is so cute Steph! And you are looking amazing!!! So happy for you and your little family!
love ya!

McKay Womack said...

Sofie's pictures is so adorable. I just wanted to tell you good luck with the delivery. You say that you are so blessed because of all the wonderful people who are there for you....it's because YOU'RE a wonderful person and have been a great friend throughout your life! Thanks for your example. McKay and I laugh about stories that involve you all the time. We love ya.

tj said...

Sofie's pics are so cute. Tell Spencer congrats on his triathlons-amazing but it doesn't surprise me one bit. So any contractions or anything exciting happening???

banks said...

I know why you have had so many shower. It is because you are so kind and so easy to love and get along with. I hope you are feeling okay.
I love the party you had for sofie. It look like from the picture that her and Aubrey have the same princess bike.
Good job again to Spencer. I have been trying to tell him for so long that he would be good at triathlon. I hope all of us Johnson's can do one together soon. Loves

Ben and Michelle said...

Sofie's birthday picture turned out great. Thanks for sending me one. She is the cutest little thing.

Lori said...

Wow, congrats to Spencer. Although we are not at all suprised. He has large lungs, remember? Totally impressed though. And what's with this nicest people in OK bit- you know you met the nicest people when you where in Ohio! Sheesh, don't you remember your not supposed to make any friends there! If you make new friends you won't miss your old ones as much!

Lori said...

Oh, and Sofie is super cute. I can't believe how big she is! I had Avery try out that same princess bike at the store, but she was way too big for it, her knees hit the handle bars! I'm sure the bike was a proud moment for Spencer, did he cry?