Thursday, March 12, 2009

Just life


So if there is anyone out there that still checks my blog frequently I have to apologize for not posting for a while (you were probably wondering if we actually did get swept away in the tornado.) Actually we have just been living life as we know it. But there have been a few things that Sofie has said that I wanted to record and for those family/ friends that live so far away. First funny little thing was the other day when I was getting dressed I was in the closet and I heard Sofie in my room saying "Mom can I be like you, Mom can I be like you. . . " next thing I know she comes around the corner with a bra in her hand. I was cracking up but she seriously wanted to wear it so I put it on. She did this funny look on her face and then said "Mom I don't want to be like you." (I was saying in my head you really don't want to be like me- I am way too small :)So we took it off but it just cracked me up.



Next thing was the other day I was washing the car and I had just sprayed the top off when I heard in this tiny little voice, "Hey that's not vewy nice." When I peeked around the car I saw Sofie drenched- I guess I soaked her when I was rinsing off the car.
Then today I let her have a fruit snack (a rare occurrence at our house) after I gave it to her she started walking away I heard her say to herself "This wonderful. These fruit snacks are wonderful." Sometimes I just wonder where she learns all this stuff.



I know valentines is WAY over but I thought I post a few pictures from it. We actually celebrated for 2 nights. First we went out just the two of us. Then the next night we had a little valentine party with some friends- kind of a weird concept for the holiday but it actually turned out really fun.


There was TONS of delicious food but I couldn't help but think these were the cutest cupcakes I have ever seen- My friend Jess made them and they were as good as they looked!!!









So I was thinking of a blog post as I was making these time consuming little things and am barley getting around to doing it. But for the last couple of years I have made sugar cookies on valentines day and taken some to work. This year I decided for some crazy reason to double the recipe. Yeah so 135 cookies later I am on the verge of slitting my wrist thinking okay as if it wasn't enough work to roll out the dough over and over and OVER until every little scrap piece was used now I get to frost them all. Well I am just leaving myself a little note to remind myself to NOT DOUBLE THE BATCH next time. I just love sugar cookies but every time I make them I question if they are really worth the work- then 15 cookies down the road I seem to have forgotten all the hours it took to make them and all the hours of exercise it is going to take to get them off. They are just delicious little things.
Side not: Most everyone at work is dieting and so I was really peeved when hardly ANY of them got eaten.



10 comments:

Rachel said...

There's nothing like listening to a little kid to keep you laughing. Nice job on the cookies I would have eaten way too many if I'd been at your work. I made these awesome cupcakes for valentines then got smacked with a monster cold later in the day and realized nobody would want those germ-infested cupcakes after they saw how horrible I felt. SO I did what any sick girl would do and ate a few too many in hopes it would make me feel better.

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

Well, we put our cookies to good use! Can I just say, we love having Sofie come to play twice a week. She really is a sweetheart and she keeps us laughing too.

banks said...

I love the story about the bra. It is funny to think about what all children absorb from just watching us everyday.
About the sugar cookies I can't believe how much your double batch made.:)
I am glad you got to have a Valentines date and a party. Your friend really made some impressive cupcakes.
Have fun in CO. Loves

Ben and Michelle said...

Sofie is so funny. I miss that little girl. I wish I was there when you made the sugar cookies. I love cookies. I would of ate at least 15 myself.

Sara said...

These posts made me laugh...especially the one about Sophie getting sprayed by you...so funny. The bra story is funny too. I caught my oldest trying on one of my bras when he was 2. From then on I had to hide them because he would go looking for them...thought they were the coolest little contraptions..Sheesh! Sophie is a very cute little girl!

lexie said...

Those stories are super funny. Spencer and I were laughing so hard. You should have dropped some of those cookies off at the ortho clinic-they would have eaten them right up!But really 135 cookies! What were you thinking?!

Matt & AmyBeth said...

I loved the story of when you sprayed her with water, I can just picture it, she wasn't crying or anything! And those cookies were AMAZING!

Lori said...

Oh, I miss your sugar cookies!

Kellie said...

Hi Steph!!! That Sophie is a riot! What a cute girl. I love hearing the funny things they say. I can't believe you made 135 cookies... Those are my favorite, I would have eaten all of them for you!

David and Kristi Gailey said...

Sugar cookies are a lot of work, but they ARE worth it. I like to double the batch and then freeze the dough for another time. Sofie is so dang cute! I love hearing what comes out of kids mouths, if only we knew what they were thinking all the time. So the other day I went to Victoria's Secret and there was this pretty lady working there that helped me. She totally reminded me of you, it made me so sad. I miss you!