Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Extreme weather changes


Four Days ago in Edmond, OK 78 degrees (we were the only one's at the park in a jacket) . . .


. . . . Today in Edmond, OK, below freezing.



I felt like a kid today- both Spencer and I woke up having work and school cancelled because of a crazy Ice storm. It wasn't as crazy as everyone hyped it up to be but Spencer was driving home from school yesterday and said his car kept trying to slide down into the gutter while he was driving. The roads were just sheer ice.



It's hard to tell by this picture but this chain had like 1/2 of ice on it everything is like caked in ice.



I thought this was hilarious, people sledding basically on the grass but I think because it was iced over. They actually were cruising down the hill.



This is a cute little dress up game my sister gave Sofie for Christmas that we have been playing non-stop.



Spencer even plays it- we just have to tackle him and put him in submission. I tried to get a picture of him all dressed up but wasn't fast enough getting the camera.



Queen Stephanie and Princess Sofie. Notice how Sofie is always wearing her Cinderella dress. It's been a bit annoying until the other day she was sweeping the floor and told me she was cleaning the floor because she is Cinderella. (Suddenly I wondered why I hadn't tapped into this pipeline before- turning it to my advantage.)

10 comments:

Matt & AmyBeth said...

You guys are having so much fun! Rob got stuck out of town in the ice so he wasn't here for the big play time outside. hey, what did you use on your shower? mine does the same thing and tilex mold and mildew works but it doesn't get it all. just wondering.

banks said...

I love that Spencer is playing "Pretty Pretty Princess". I think it is the same game we have. The girls think it is so funny if they can get the jewelery on Brett. Anyway, it looks like you guys are doing good. Loves

lexie said...

Welcome to winter in Oklahoma. You just never know what you are going to get. And yes, they do make a huge deal out of it. But just wait til you see a real ice strom and then you will know why. They can get pretty scary!
I love the family picture!
Good job on cleaning the shower. And if Cinderella ever wants to clean our house send her over!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Wow, crazy weather. So fun that Sofie can't get enough of the princess stuff--really go for the sweeping thing, and I am sure Spencer deep down LOVES playing the game with his little darling!! Way to go on the tub!

jimanniefamily said...

Hey, yeah for loving the princess game! We knew she'd LOVE it :)... thanks for posting pics of the fun with it! Crazy weather! We are now getting it - the rain is freezing on our windows.

Scott and Melanie said...

Brrrrrr....I forget that it's so cold other places! If you need to get away, the weather is perfect in AZ and you're invited any time!

David and Kristi Gailey said...

Great job on the shower! So, we got the terrible ice storm as well and then it snowed six inches on top of the ice. Let's just say the roads were deadly. All of the tree branches are covered in sparkling ice. It is beautiful although I can't back of of my driveway because our tree branches are hanging so low from the weight of the ice. Miss you guys!

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

I totally pulled my groin on my icy driveway so to me, it was a bad ice storm! And we all know the truth, Spencer really loves to adorn himself in all the jewels! He's probably wearing a tiara right now!

Effie said...

I love looking outside after ice storms. Your little princess is adorable.

traske.melissa said...

loving the end results. we, actually traske, just fought that in our house but only because we are getting it ready to sell. he has always been the one in charge of cleaning the shower.